8.04.2008

night life in p-town

So being back in my hometown preparing to leave on this adventure is quite... different. To be honest, there are moments of "well - we've packed all we can and now we're just waiting to get going!" aka - boring. SO, Josh, Josh's brother Luke, and myself decided to try a Saturday night out on the town.

This small little town in Arizona surprizing does have a night life - I've just never been 21 while living here. I spent my 21st in Holland biking from bar to bar and since then have been in Santa Barbara and experiencing the 21-ness there. My mom (yes - got advise on the hot spots from my mom... she's hip...) said there was an Irish Pub with live music, Coyote Joe's, and of course, Matt's Saloon... all down on Whiskey Row.

Josh, Luke, and I set out on our adventure on fire! Ready for whatever Prescott would throw at us. We started at Matt's Saloon. Country music a-blarin' and two-stepping a plenty. We weren't the youngest, but the average age was probably umm... 52ish... SO fun to watch the old folks strut their stuff, but not exactly what we were anticipating or expecting...

Moving on down Whiskey Row. Passed on by the Bird Cage to Coyote Joe's. More country. Pass. Ended at the Irish Pub with a surprisingly good band of all under-20-somethings called Five High (don't worry - more of their totally artsy pics are on their myspace page). Because of their age, all their moms were there... supervising. Too cute. The lead singer, I must say, looked like he had just gotten his hair blown out and straightened... but in a total emo, tight t-shirt, skinny jeans kinda way. Hard core.

All in all, our adventure out was a success with a few honky tonk speed bumps along the way. Makes me interested in what New Zealand night life will hold for us... country or not, Josh and I made a promise last night to be open to whatever our future homeland provides... let's just hope there's a little "Yeah!" in the mix. Enough said, right Linds? Bring on the night life, New Zealand!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey fellow worker bee! I guess that makes 2 of us for 21st's in Holland! Who knew??
~Alissa

LB said...

does hanson know about these kids?! ok to bring this comment up to date, maybe i should say the jonas brothers. honky tonk sign me up...

Lindsey Olsen said...

YEAH!!!!