8.03.2008

home sweet (transitional) home.

So we have made it to Arizona. All our bags and boxes are unpacked in their proper storage place and we now have exactly one week before we take off... MUCH to do before then. First on the list... packing. Second... getting Josh an international driver's license - No way I'm going to be driving a manual stick shift (which I don't even know how to do in America) on the left side of the road. Nope. Third... (but should probably be first) Find a hotel to stay in for night #1. Imagine this scenario - we arrive in Auckland at 4:45AM, go through customs, get our bags, exhausted, we walk over to the taxi line-up, get in and tell them to take us...???
I've noticed that the common response to many questions that Josh and I get is "Umm... we don't know yet..." but hey - that's part of the journey, right? ... right??

2 comments:

Athelas said...

Oh I so know how that feels... The strange looks on people's faces when you tell them that all you have is a sleeping bag and some money, but no plans beyond that... I might as well be telling them that I'm moving to Sahara to marry a tribal king who's paying 25 goats for me! C'mon people, New Zealand is not THAT exotic, our chances of surviving there are pretty good...

Anyway, you have a week left, I've got a bit less than four. So cool to know that I'll be seing you soon! Caaaaaaaaaaan't wait!!

audrey and josh said...

I'm glad we're in the same boat and I'm SO happy to know we have a wandering friend that we will meet along the way...and hey - don't sell yourself short... you're worth at least 40 goats :)
See you in a month!