8.21.2008

my favourite...




Piha has been my favourite place so far... it's absolutely rustic and beautiful. Black sand beaches that run into the Tasman Sea, bountiful hiking and greenery in the hills in the background, sunset over the water on Lion's Rock. It was just magical.

As we were walking up Lion's Rock (the big rock in the sand essentially) Josh pointed out a little wooden fence and asked if it looked familiar -- and it had! Josh had taken a photo from where we were standing nearly 5 years ago! It was so fun for me to soak in a little of his DTS trip and I think fun for him to experience it in a whole new way... pretty cool.

We'll definitely be going back. Carey Park (where we're working now) has a camp out there as well, so we may be staying out there for some time... hopefully. They have an adorable, locals main coffee shop that I'd love to spend a morning in, overhearing the little towns gossip and such, and plenty more hikes for us to go and explore... I'm starting to really really like this whole NZ thing... :)

No comments: