9.06.2008

dusk till dawn... all lamb



What an exciting day… it was Sheep World day!! I know, I know, it’s like the mecca of New Zealand tourism, but hey – we ARE tourists!! We made it to SW and strolled around the farm for a bit. Playing with LAMBS that were born just a few DAYS ago!! Feeding alpacas, goats, donkeys, mini horses, sheep, etc, etc… then, it was time for the dog and sheep show – they show off their dogs’ sheep gathering skills, sheer a sheep, then we get to feed/hold the baby lambs.


Dog herding… cool. Then, he needs help sorting them – so he called on the sole “American” man to do the honor – yep – my man sorted the sheep!!



After the sorting came the sheering – they really whip them around to do the sheering, but the sheep doesn’t really fuss. In fact, there’s one position you can put them in that he can allow a member of the audience to do the sheering – yep, he called up the only American woman in the audience… I SHEERED A SHEEP!! Well, did a couple little strips, but still did it! Impressed? More shocked at this point? I hear ya…



Then the lambs came out. All the little kids got to feed them because, well, they’re kids (stupid kids… just kidding!! Kinda… :)), but before they left we grabbed one to hold. I was hoping to get our Easter card shot today, but it was a bit dark in the barn… but we still got a shot or two anyway. So fun.

The afternoon consisted of a little wine tasting, lunch, organic blueberry (me) and strawberry (Josh) frozen yogurt – delicious! – and then picking up dinner for us to cook at our bach. On the menu? LAMB. Didn’t even hit me until we made it home that we were eating the very cuteness I was oooh-ing and awe-ing over that very morning. Oh well. It was mighty delicious – sorry lambs!

2 comments:

benson said...

SO cute! And who knew you two were so talented with your sheep abilities...I'm seeing a future career move for you!

Lindsey Olsen said...

i absolutely love the video of josh helping herd the sheep....I actually laughed really hard. Love you guys. It was really good talking to you, lets do it again soon please!