7.19.2008

movin' on out...

When thinking of the daunting task of moving, I tend to get really bitter. I hate packing everything up, lugging it out, up and down stairs a bazillion times, cleaning 20 month old dust build-up and shower grout (yep... gross...), then carrying it back to wherever it may be going next, unpacking, creating a mess, hurting my body, etc, etc. I know I know. Me=wuss.

But then I had a brilliant idea - let's get movers! Then Josh (and our bank account) said no...

THEN, I got really excited about moving (well, kinda excited) when I heard about UsedCardboardBoxes.com - they rescue truckloads of quality used boxes from large companies that might otherwise recycle them or simply throw them away. They then "resell" those boxes to customers all across North America, via their website. It's free shipping and you get it in 1-2 days! And they're not soggy, holey, gross boxes -- most of them are brand new boxes that just have typos or can't be used because the company changed its logo or what not...

You basically order what you want online based on how much you have to move, and then 2 days later you have all your moving odds and ends... boxes, packing tape, markers, box cutters, packing paper... pretty sweet, right? Best part is - they're cardboard boxes that were going to be thrown out or recycled anyway, so you're saving a tree... and on top of that, a portion of their proceeds help plant trees via TreePeople.org.

As my cardboard peeps like to say, "you don't have cut down a tree to make a used cardboard box!" Wise words indeed...




1 comment:

LB said...

you're SOO Green!!